Sunday, December 31, 2017

Good bye to the old year

It's New Year's Eve.

In my youth, I hosted a few Rockin' New Years Eves, but now that I am smarter (and older) I prefer the beverage of choice in front of the fire and a view of all the festivities on the TV.  Safer, cheaper, and much more relaxing.
It's a cold New Year's Eve here in Northern Wisconsin, -17 this morning and a high of maybe -7 is predicted.  Temperatures that cold can be life threatening in any emergency situation, like a car breakdown or accident.  I'm hopeful that all make good choices tonight.
I'm worried about the wildlife, and have made sure the bird feeders are stocked, the bird bath heated and I put out some rabbit food for those little guys and gals.
The feeders & bird bath have been busy today.
An usual visitor this year is the Starling.
Some folks are not fond of this species, but I do think he takes a pretty picture.

Many of the male Downy Woodpeckers are here and eating the suet.
A few females, but not has many as the males.

Always a treat to see the Red Bellied Woodpecker, he prefers the suet block to the log.
Speaking of birds, I'm sitting some chickens for my piano teacher.
I'm about to drive out there now, this will be the last time I take on this duty in the winter.
I don't mind seeing the chickens, they are interesting.
These are from Friday's visit.
New Year's Day will be fresh eggs for breakfast.


From today, New Year's Eve, 
the chickens love some corn as a treat. 

Two eggs from today. 
A good ending to the year. 


Maybe chickens bring good luck.
Might as well think that way.
Happy New Year's Eve.
Thanks for the old year.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails