Sunday, December 3, 2017

From strings to horns

Saturday night I had tickets to the Chippewa Valley Jazz Orchestra, 
Horns for the Holidays.


I love this orchestra and always enjoy their programming.
It was quite a switch from the previous evening's student performance, 
and I loved them both, in their own way.

The CVJO performs at The State Theater in Eau Claire.  

This is a historic building in downtown.


Over the past several years, Eau Claire has been doing renovation in their downtown and through a huge project called 'the confluence' there is to be a new performing arts center.
So, this is our last season in the old State.  
I really love this old art deco theater.
I always get box seat tickets in the balcony 
and when I am lucky enough, the first row is my favorite.
I'll miss these seats.

But, the building is old, the roof leaks and there are other problems, 
so the new arts center will be a good thing.

Downtown Eau Claire is starting to have more and more going on.
I'm looking forward to what entertainment the new project brings for me to enjoy.

It was a great start to the holiday season.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails