Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I walked through it

The Eclipse has come and gone.
Many of my friends made a life memory by traveling or gathering with pals to watch the moon eclipse the sun.
I had ordered the protective glasses from Amazon, but later got an email from them saying that they were not the authorized glasses and they were refunding my money.  So, that left me without protective eye gear.  That sort of made me decide I wasn't that interested.
On the morning of the eclipse, after hearing the blah.blah.blah on every TV and Radio station, I decided I should commemorate the day by walking through the eclipse.
So, I left the house when the eclipse started.  Walked the neighborhood square, stopping at the house each lap to check the progress of the eclipse using the paper with pinhole technique.



I wish I had thought of the colander idea, but I could see the eclipse starting, just barely.

I tried having the cellphone look at the eclipse, but it was blinded as well.


So, I continued to walk & each lap I completed, I stopped and checked the progress.
We were expecting 80% occlusion, but with the clouds, it was pretty hard to tell.
I did notice a drop in air temperature, but otherwise, it was like any other cloudy day.






 I tried some photos with the cell phone through the protective glasses, but I can't really tell that there is an eclipse in the making.

I guess the best part of the whole eclipse for me was that I walked through it, 
3 good miles out in the fresh air.

Later on, at the Post Office, I picked up the official stamps.
They are heat sensitive, so I held my hand on the stamps on the Left to reveal the moon.
That's cool.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails