Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Remembering Gus

I was reading The Leader newspaper this morning and came across this memorial to brother Gus.


It's hard to believe he's been gone a year already.  Many memories are so vivid.  Everyday things like when he would call on the phone,  never saying 'hello,  how are you', but rather "yaaa this is Gus" and then he would dive right into what he wanted.  And,  as was his manner,  when he got the information he wanted "okay,  goodbye then". Never a long conversation,  just the facts.  I still catch myself looking for Gus when I see a red pickup with black topper.
I miss Gus and am glad to have shared the many China Buffet lunches and Family Restaurant breakfasts once I moved to Rice Lake.

He was larger than life as a brother and in his family & community; 
there will forever be something missing. 

My memories of Gus are vivid and many, and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails