Thursday, October 20, 2016

Finally at rest

My half sister Bonnie passed away on 10/17/2016 after a long fight with cancer and other illness.  She and I had a relationship that was complicated.  Her Mom was my Mom, but I was raised to know her as an aunt as my grandparents had adopted her when she was 4 years old.  Over the years, we Johansen kids were brought to realize that our real relationship with Bonnie was half sister.  Confusing, but family none the less.
A rose in Tom & Rochelle's garden. 10.19.2016

It is with sadness that we say farewell to Bonnie.  I'm thankful to have come to know her 3 children through the magic of Facebook, and I am very sad for their loss.  I won't be back home in time to attend her memorial, but my heart will be with the family as they say their goodbyes.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails