Monday, September 12, 2016

Volleyball on the way to Crex

Great niece Alyxis had a volleyball tournament in Grantsburg on Saturday, which worked out so great as I had been trying to get to Crex Meadows for a look-see.

So, I watched 2 sets of volleyball, took a few photos.

Alyxis with a successful block.

Serving it up.
Alyxis is a freshman who is starting on the Spring Valley Varsity squad.
She holds her own, and I can only imagine how much better she will get as she plays through her high school years.

Then, with a broken butt from the bleachers, I left for a drive around Crex Meadows.



I hadn't seen much of anything, met one car, but then came around a corner to find a flock of Sandhill Cranes having a meeting.
I crept up slowly but eventually they decided I was a problem.

 Only the smaller committee stayed longer, but eventually they also thought I was too close for comfort and they moved on.



Later I found a group of birds together.
Canada Geese, Sandhill Cranes, Swans, ducks, all were hanging around together.
Gotta love diversity.

Cranes in flight

A little dance by the Sandhill Cranes.

Sandhill flyover

They are something to see in flight.
It was a beautiful day in the wildlife area.
I am lucky to have these protected areas so close to home.
I am also lucky to have a great nieces and nephews who like to have me in the bleachers for their games.  It is a good life. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails