Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Suck it Up, Buttercup

This phrase has been on Facebook lately and for some reason, I kind of like it, Suck it Up, Buttercup. 
 It fits many situations, and seems pretty kid friendly, so I think I'll add it into my repertoire.

I've been thinking about having my house professionally cleaned since I moved here.  But being retired, it isn't exactly like I don't have time to do it myself, it's just that I don't. Well, I do if there is company coming, but that's not really too often.   I don't really love cleaning either, and that's putting it mildly.  I had a house-cleaner for the last several years that I worked, and I loved it.  It kept me on track to not let clutter build up and the house was always clean.  Now that I am retired, it seemed like an expense I could avoid, but recently, I changed my thinking on that notion.  
I decided to 
Suck It Up, Buttercup, 
and hire the house cleaned. 

As luck would have it, my friend Carol was in the process of interviewing cleaners and she handed off the name of a local woman who is just getting started.  I called and instantly liked her.  Sparkles is the name of her business, and who doesn't love sparkles?   Added into the fact that I am not good at cleaning is my lack of sense of smell.  I'm always worried that the house could smell, I figure having these folks in every 4 weeks is preventative action.
So, I hired her and she started yesterday.

Of course, before you have some stranger clean your house, you have to tidy.  So, I spent the weekend purging and putting away so that the cleaners could see what to clean.
I remember when I had Mel in Colorado, I was gently inspired to keep the clutter under control, who doesn't need that?  But I didn't clean before the cleaning lady came, like some folks commented, there was plenty to do here, just look at this text I got when she was done.


My justification is complete!
And I had them wipe down my cabinets with Murphy's Soap, Dad would be proud.

I had to run to Luck to help with a computer problem at Ryan's so when I got home, 
I had a fresh, clean house.

Life is Good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails