Thursday, August 25, 2016

Smack Down

This morning, as I was sitting in the living room, I saw a bird fly directly into the picture window.  
I purposefully have my platform feeder very close to the window so that birds can't gain any momentum leaving the platform if they are aimed at the window, 
but this one came fast from out in the yard.  
He bounced off the window and landed on the feeder platform.  
I watched him for quite a while, thinking I was about to make a trip to a wildlife rehabber.  
At first he was on his side, 
then got on his feet, but tipped way forward until his beak was resting on the feeder, 
but then slowly, he regained his balance.


I have never seen an Ovenbird before.  
They are common in Wisconsin, but since they don't come to the feeder, I don't see them.
It was a treat to see him so close.
I was worried about him, but went to do some chores and when I came back, he had flown away.
Bon Voyage little dude.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails