Thursday, July 23, 2015

The ditches are alive

Driving on the gravel road from our Sandcastle cabin to the County Road, I was amazed at the variety and beauty of the wildflowers that are blooming right now.
Mother Nature has been good about rain this summer  and this area was also part of the forest fire 2 years ago, so benefits from the new growth of the post fire period as well.
I've tried to research and properly name the photos below, but I'm not wild flower expert.
Common Mullein

Dead Tree, pretty sure I got this one right.

Butter & Eggs

Red Clover


Milkweed

New England Aster

Pearly Everlasting

Purple Fringed Orchid

Purple Loosestrife

Spotted Knapweed

Spreading Dogbane

Goatsbeard, I think

Wild Bergamot (Bee Balm)

Once you start looking at the world trying to see the beauty of nature, 
you really see everything in a slightly different light, 
and it is a good thing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails