Friday, July 3, 2015

Big Babies

I had many Baltimore Orioles hanging around this Spring, but then eggs were laid and parents were busy and I quit putting the jelly out for these beauties.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw an oriole do a fly-by in the front yard, so I put out the jelly again.
Now they and the little babies are eating the jelly like little piggies.


The funny thing is that the juveniles are about as big as the parents,
yet they flutter their wings and cry until the parent scoops up some jelly and feeds it to the big baby.


These photos are taken through the living room window screen, so they have a soft focus look.
The orioles are really quite entertaining.


But, they do not get along.
I have witnessed many a squabble over the jelly,
while the big babies wait close by to be fed.

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails