Monday, May 18, 2015

What's in the box

On Friday night I went to the State Theater again, this time to see Jay Owenhouse, Illusionist.

I had ordered my ticket soon after the show was announced, so I was seated in the front row of the balcony right, box seats.  
A perfect view, and far enough away the tigers could not eat me, if it came to that.

The show was amazing.
Two bengal tiger twins, one white & one orange, each appeared in a box, by magic.
His daughters are his stage beauties and they were great.
Jay's manner was calm and the show moved at a relaxing pace.
One of his big tricks involved a motorcycle disappearing from a crate held up off the ground and then being ridden in from the back of the theater.  While you might figure there could be two motorcycles, I still don't know how the first one disappeared!
His last illusion was one using a wooden puzzle of geometric shapes.
I'm still trying to figure that one out.
I was not expecting the show to be of such professional caliber so was very delighted.
I love magic and by the sound of the nearly capacity audience, I am not alone.

As I was leaving the theater, I heard a Mom ask her ~8 year old daughter if she liked the show.
The little girl responded "In the box, Out of the box, In the box, Out of the box."
I guess that sums in up in the simplest form but for me I'm still wondering "how did he do that?"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails