Monday, September 30, 2013

A Peony Patch

One of the women I play bridge with at the Cameron Senior Center owns and operates a Peony farm with her husband.  According to their website, Fina Gardens, they sell cut flowers to the wild world and the roots of the plants as well.  Last Spring, I ordered 5 plants, thinking that roots that are producing in my community would be more willing to survive being grown by someone who does not have a green thumb.  And, in my usual Spring over exuberance, I thought I needed 5 plants.  Now that Fall is here and it is time to plant, I see I could have been well supplied with just 3.  But, that's my usual MO.
So, today, I planted the five plants around my fire number pole.  For those city dwellers, out here in the country, our fire number is our address for all things both emergency and otherwise, so it is an important fixture near the driveway.
I'm excited to see how this works.
The 4 varieties that I planted are:  
Krinkled White (2 of these), Merry Mayshine, Nice Gal and Memorial Gem.
The planting instructions tell me that I am not to let them bloom in year one, so patience is required.
I'll have to hope for the best.
This is a photo from their website,
this Krinkled White almost looks like a white poppy from this view.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails