Monday, March 11, 2013

Iowa and back

I left Wednesday morning for a little trip to Iowa.
The drive down was beautiful.  We had a snowstorm on Tuesday, so the landscape was covered with a coating of fresh snow and the sky was blue.  Bright sunshine on new snow is really my favorite.
I arrived at Dad & Ev's in time for the evening news and supper.  
I brought KFC from Clear Lake, their favorite.  And not too bad on Weight Watchers.
***
This trip was scheduled around an appointment at the cardiologist on Thursday morning.
I had not met this doctor before.  Dad had seen him a couple of weeks ago and he recommended a cardio conversion to restore Dad's heart to a normal sinus rhythm.  I probably influenced Dad to wait on that cardio conversion.  At that time, Dad had just a few weeks of normal after his previous hospital stay.
In between that last appointment and now, there has been confusion about whether Dad is still in Atrial Fibrillation, or not.  Well, the doctor cleared the air on that.
Dr. Addo is a large man and was very convincing, Dad's heart is in A Fib, it is not putting out enough blood for Dad to feel well, it is time to convert his heart to normal rhythm, the sooner the better.
So, the scheduling folks are working on getting an appointment set up for Dad.
The O'Toole kids will have to take care of this event as I couldn't stay there waiting to see when the appointment would be for the cardio conversion.
We think it could happen as soon as Wednesday.
***
My drive home was wet and sloppy on Saturday.  It rained most of the night Friday.  What had been pristine, sparkly snow on my trip South, was now soggy, swampy, muddy mess.
But the drive home was uneventful.  I stopped in Woodbury, MN at a Home Depot.
I miss having a Home Depot close to me here, it was my favorite store in Denver.
***
This morning, Monday, I got up to 4 inches of new snow.  Dad and Ev say that they have 10 inches of new snow in Belmond, looks like I just barely slipped in and out in between storms.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails