Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I did not skate

On Tuesday evening I got an unexpected call from Ryan saying that he was at Skate City with his family and invited me to come.  It was perfect timing for me, so I hopped in the car and went.  Skate City is only about a mile from my driveway.  Milena and Elliana are very good skaters.  The group was mostly home schoolers and the girls knew some of the other skaters.  Regardless, I was impressed with their self confidence.  They blended into the skaters as they moved in the oval shape of the rink.
The lighting was out of my expertise with my camera, so I got a couple of blurry images of the girls participating in the group as they did the Hokey Pokey.
Put your right hip in

That's what it's all about
I enjoyed visiting with Ryan and Camilla while we watched the girls.
I remember roller skating as a teenager.  It seemed a little easier than ice skating because you had a solid base to stand on...easier on the ankles.  But I don't remember being very good on skates.
The Frederic Rec used to have a rink upstairs of the bowling alley, I think I spent most of my time hanging on the edges talking to friends, or maybe even, boys.
Watching yesterday, it looked effortless, I wish I didn't have such a phobia about falling, it would be fun to give it a try.  I noticed that they had a walker type device that helped new skaters, but I think this is one sport better left to the young ones.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails