Sunday, December 18, 2011

Keeping in on my toes

Ryan and Camilla had a computer problem back in October, we did a couple of things to keep the machine operational but I knew that it was not fixed.  This week, things got worse so on Friday,  I headed over to help get it fixed.  Their girls, Elliana & Milena were fun to visit with.  Milena drew me a picture and Elliana visited and offered to bring me something to drink.
Milena drew this nice picture of Spring flowers for me.

Milena and Elliana
I ended up having to back again on Saturday and spent the better part of the day there, but with the help of the technical folks at SecureIT, we refreshed the hard drive and now everything is working again.  While I was waiting on the computer, I took advantage of the piano there in the basement and worked on my Christmas song.  I still have never played it through without error, but I am getting closer.
Click here to see the YouTube video I made.

Before I headed home on Saturday night, I stopped at Gus & Lois's to drop off a couple of things.
I had some jars and containers in a cardboard box.
As soon as I put the box on the rocking chair, Topaz & Toby got so excited and while one got in the box the other was on the outside trying to get the one in the box.  
You just never know what will delight a kitten.


One thing about working on these computers for the kids is that it keeps me learning and remembering what I have learned about doing maintenance on the machines.
It's interesting to me and keeps me on my toes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails