Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Woodworking by Wanda

I saw this laundry basket dresser on http://ana-white.com.
Hers is fancier than mine, but it is the same idea.
She has a website of many projects to build and most of the plans are free.
It seemed like the perfect solution to my guest bedroom storage.
So, today I bought the lumber and made the project.
My steps are in the photos below.

The baskets and the lumber ready to go.

Laying out the back of the basket rack.
I was trying to impress everyone by have the square laying there.

Okay, the back looks pretty good.
Now it gets more interesting.

Trying to keep it simple, this is just showing that I marked the boards from the assembled piece, no big woop.

Okay, 2 sides are done, it is starting to look like something and it fits (well it's not a masterpiece) together.

Testing the fit before I do the final assembly.


Tah - dah.  

It is kind of like a big peach crate with runners to hold the laundry baskets.

In case you want to see the detail.

Here it is snuggled into 1/2 of the closet.  Plenty of hidden storage now.
This was a fun project, started about 3pm on the actual construction and finished about 9pm
It was a perfect night to be out in the garage with the big door open.
It rained off and on and there was a nice breeze.
Well, it is done and I am glad, now I can move my clothes in as I will be residing in the guest room once the folks arrive on the 30th of June.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails