Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wild Flowers in Douglas County and a sandhill

I took a drive Up North to our cabin in Douglas County today.  I needed to clean up the broken glass from the break in last week and also wanted to do a spring cleaning.
It was a perfect day up there, light breeze and sunshine.
I got everything done at the cabin that I wanted to and then spent a little time poking around with the camera.
There are lots of nice wildflowers in bloom, so here are a few.









On the way home I noticed a huge cloud SE of Rice Lake and pulled over to take a few snaps.
Sometimes these huge high clouds cause havoc with hail, but I didn't hear any reports of bad weather.


As I was clicking away on these clouds, I caught movement out of the corner of my eye.
This sandhill was looking me over and snacking away in this field.

It was a great day Up North.
Accomplished much at the Sandcastle, nice visit with MJ on my way out of Gordon, 
and then a very nice drive home.
Smiles all around.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails