Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ode to Moms


A Mother has a special place in our heart
Cherished, like a precious bit of fine art.

Today we celebrate and honor Mom,
And to rhyme, I’ll just say, ‘Mom’s are the bomb’.

Happy Mother's Day.
by wj

I have been lucky enough to have 2 Moms and one 'other mother'.
My Mom, Pauline,  is in the middle.  This was her bowling team in 1963.  She made/sewed these skirts out of some kind of used tape that was  a byproduct of a posting machine in the office where she worked.
My Stepmom, Ev, with Dad in my kitchen in Colorado.
My best friend's Mom, Betty, is an amazing woman and I am lucky that she calls me her 'other daughter'.
My 'Other Mother' is Betty.
I have been lucky enough to know her and  be friends with her for almost 40 years.
Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails