Friday, May 27, 2011

Occupational Therapy

My doctor told me that he would send me to occupational therapy if I couldn't get my wrist strength and range of motion back on my own.  I remember what that was like when I broke my right arm back in 1992.  I really did not enjoy that therapy back then, even though it produced the good results.  I am 1 week out of the cast and feeling pretty good.  So, I am going to try to do my own 'occupational therapy' for now by working in the yard.
Therapy Session #1:  Move all these landscape blocks to the area behind the garage, then set them into the sand.  Then add some bags of topsoil to the sandy dirt and cultivate.  Then plant squash & pumpkin plants.


Therapy Session #2:  Move landscape / step blocks from pallet near garage door to parking spot closer to the new 'steps to the garden' project.  Also, use hand snippers to clean up tall grass around yellow tulips.

Therapy Session #3:  Dig holes and plant day lilies.  Gary Erickson generously shared some day lilies out of his gardens and I am hoping that they perk up and line the driveway.
So far, my wrist feels pretty good.  It swells a little after a long day of lifting and working in the yard, but the swelling goes away overnight and my arm is getting stronger every day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails