Sunday, May 22, 2011

Big Moon and the Loon

On Saturday I met Glenn and Kathy at Big Moon to pick up some Pampered Chef items I had ordered from Krista.  The storm ended and sun came out just before I got there, so Glenn took the cover off the pontoon and the 3 of us went for a peaceful tour of the lake.
Much to my delight, a loon floated around us for about 10 minutes.  While he was mostly at the end of the range of my camera lens, I managed to get enough pictures to put them together in a little video.  The sounds are courtesy of the internet.

To watch the video on YouTube, click here.

Later on we came upon on an immature eagle perched in a tree.


As he flew away we all were amazed at his wing span.

 A mallard duck flew by.

And near a beaver lodge, we saw this huge oak tree that the beavers are working on.
It would be interesting to be around to see this activity.

What a nice outing on the lake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails