Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yum...Road Kill

On Tuesday I drove to Luck in the afternoon and saw 7 eagles on the trip.  The snow banks along the road have melted to reveal the road kill from the winter.
This big guy was having lunch and I was able to get a few snaps of him.
Yum?
Now he sees that I have stopped along the road.
Off he goes
He perched nearby, waiting for me to leave so he could finish lunch.
His beak was bloody.
He waited patiently until I drove off.  I saw him there again when I came back a few hours later on.
On my way back from Luck, I came upon this juvenile eagle on a deer carcass.
The lighting was dim but I got one snap as he flew off to a very distant tree.
I wonder if the folks who are driving 48 between Rice Lake and Luck are starting to recognize my car pulled over.
Maybe I should have a bumper sticker that says "I brake for deer carcasses".
 I only got a shot of him as he flew away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails