Saturday, October 23, 2010

The only kind of mouse that I like



Recently, our feeder has been visited by a tufted titmouse a few times, this morning we have been enjoying 6 or 8 of these little cuties eating at our buffet.
He is quite shy.
But I caught him checking me out.
He does not dilly dally when he gets into the feeder.
Grabs a seed and heads off to crack it on a branch.
The girls were studying him, maybe they realize he's new to our buffet too.
~~
Yesterday, on the way home from the Sandcastle, I saw this guy lurking in the median on Hwy 53 near Sarona.  At first I couldn't tell if it was a wolf, dog, or what.  But I guess it was a very healthy, and quite nice looking, coyote.  I pulled over in time to catch a few far off photos of him.
Driving, I spot him...whoa! Whipped the red sled over and started snapping.
It is probably pretty good hunting out in the median for little animals, or road kill, or whatever.
Dog? Wolf? Coyote?
He wasn't crazy about me parking there (and the other drivers were kind of annoyed as well)
He was keeping an eye on the traffic and probably some unsuspecting little critter too.
I think he could hear the camera lens clicking away.
Profile view
Yep, coyote
 Note to drivers in my range of travel, I am cautious about pulling over, but I do brake for photo ops.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails