Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cranberry Run

Dad & Ev love the fresh cranberries that are sold in bulk at Marketplace in the fall.  Tuesday I am headed to Iowa to see them for a few days and deliver their cranberries.  
I've been trying to see the action at the cranberry bogs since I moved here, but it would just be dumb luck if I would drive by during harvest.  I stopped there last Friday and the berries look ripe and the foliage has turned color, water pipes looked staged, but who knows when the real flooding and harvest will begin.  It's definitely something I want to witness now that I live here.  I'm going to have to find someone with insider information.
Regardless, the Red Sled will be delivering cranberries to the Iowans on Tuesday.
Yum!  These are the fresh cranberries in the bin at Marketplace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails