Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Laila's Birthday Blizzard

For the second year in a row, Wisconsin is having a blizzard on Laila's birthday. All the schools in this area are closed, this morning we have about 8 inches of snow and no signs of stopping. The wind is causing some nice drifting too. I have been enjoying some hot coffee while I watch the birds at my feeders. I will have venture out to move some snow and refill the feeders, but not until later on.
Standing room only at the backyard feeder.
Both kitties have to spend hours watching the birds, hard work, then they sleep for hours before their next shift at the window.

A downy woodpecker at the feeder yesterday.
Barley is the professional bird watcher, she likes this Christmas rug as her perch.

The Blue Jays are hungry too.
Always a welcome sight is the male cardinal, I saw several female cardinals in the snow this morning too.
It is good that the birds share.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails