Monday, December 7, 2009

Don't Recycle on Monday

I tried to take the recycling to the drop off today. Yikes, don't try to do that on Monday. The container in Cameron was so full that some cans tried to fall out when I opened the door. So, I decided to drive North to another drop off location that is more out in the country and since it was a nice day, figured the drive would be enjoyable. I was right, but the drop off at Stanfold was almost as full, note to self...no recycling drop offs on Monday.

On my way back into Rice Lake on Hwy 48, I saw this beautiful blue spruce, all dressed up for the holiday. This beautiful tree is at the end of a long driveway. It is just spectacular and I had to stop and take a few snaps of it. I really appreciate the work that went into decorating this tree and it seems like people driving by will really enjoy it more than the home owners as it is located quite a distance from the house. Nice! And, if the recycling had not been full, I would not have driven past this tree today, so...things happen for a reason.
I ate lunch at the park on Rice lake. The ice is just starting to form, it won't be long until the lake is littered with cars and huts and fishermen, but for now it has a special beauty.

I also want to observe & remember that today is Pearl Harbor Day.
Veteran's Memorial Park, Rice Lake

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails