Thursday, December 3, 2009

Be Prepared

Ever since I bought my Pentax Digital SLR Camera, I have been pretty religious about having it with me wherever I drive. I also intend to have it on the passenger seat, easy to grab, ready to catch a snap of some wildlife or scenery.
So....
Yesterday, I headed off on my drive to Menomonie to see the UW Stevens Point women's basketball team play the UW Stout team. My camera was on the seat according to plan. On Hwy 25, I came upon this big guy having a snack. I drove by, turned around and circled back, and drove up the shoulder slowly to see how close I could get to him. He really didn't care that I was there until I got pretty close.
I got a few snaps off, but nothing great. After he flew off I realized that the camera was not in automatic and I was probably lucky to get any kind of a picture at all.
When he flew off, his wing span was about my arm span.
Wow. Awesome. Wow.
Next time, I'll be sure the camera is in auto.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails