Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lumberjack...NOT


Before
Today my nephew Ryan came over and took down about 5 trees for me. I had 3 large elms and a few small elms that needed to go. They were not nice trees and prone to disease, plus my yard needed a little more sunshine and some of the other trees needed a little room to spread out.


After
Ryan is a master at the chain saw and very much a perfectionist. Once I figured out to just listen to his advice, it all turned out really great. Ryan took home the wood for his burner and I have a couple of nice brush piles in the woods for the wildlife to use as habitat.

Elliana came along for the day, she was so good and entertained herself watching a movie and petting the kitties. When we were all done, we went to McDonald's for lunch and she got a fun toy in her Happy Meal.
I'm not sure I'll be able to lift my arms tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails