Thursday, April 2, 2009

Can you spell Waumandee?

On Thursday, 4/2, I went to Waumandee to visit Betty Rosenow (Roche & LeAnna's Mom). We had a nice visit and then went to lunch at the Waumandee IGA Store Cafe. We met Betty's brothers there, LeRoy & Dale. What a hoot. We got laughing and visiting and I totally forgot to have someone take our picture...next time.




After lunch, on the way from Waumandee to Durand, I saw this farm scene and just thought it was classic Wisconsin. Holsteins on the hillside and all. WI Hwy 88 just before you get to Laehn Ridge Rd. and after Armor Balk’s and the farm in the picture is David Bauer just before you go up and over the hill towards Gilmanton. This part of Wisconsin is full of valleys and ridges, left behind my the glaciers I guess.

From nephew Kris, who knows stuff like this....Here is your Wisconsin geology lesson for the day. I read on your blog: "This part of Wisconsin is full of valleys and ridges, left behind my the glaciers I guess." This part of WI actually was not part of the last glacial advance/retreat. As such, the landscape was not flattened like the rest of the state. The SW part of WI is usually referred to as the "driftless area." So there you go, you learned something today.

Driving in reminds me of mountain driving.


Bremer’s dug way (Cty Rd U).

I also saw this sign. I got a kick out it, it really says all you need to know about voting doesn't it?

1 comment:

Hamilton Family said...

So will you be voting for Dennis? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails