Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Great Escape

What started as a trip outside to take a picture of my cutest ever bird house on it's new pole.....

Ended up as.....an interesting afternoon. I went out the front door to take a picture of the new birdhouse and was messing around out there for awhile with the inside door open and the storm door closed. Normally, when I come up to the door, the cats, if they are sitting there, will scatter. They never get to go outside, 100% indoor kitties.

O No, not today!

Barley bolted right out the door and I was not quick enough to catch her on the step. So, after a short run around the back of the house, she darted under the front step/porch.

She was really insterested in all the smells under there and had to roll over in the old leaves a few times. For awhile she hunkered down and I was starting to wonder if I was going to be able to out wait her.

So, for at least a half hour, or more who knows, I had to lay on the cement trying to coach her back out of there. Wow.

Of course I could not walk away (was afraid she would bolt into the woods) to get anything to assist to get her out, just had to wait until she was done exploring.

Finally I used the strap of my camera (which I had in my hand when she made the break) to tease her out. Good grief. She's back in the house now and her owner is MUCH smarter about coming and going out of the house.

The bird house sure is cute on that pole though, I won the bird house at the auction last weekend at the smelt fry. Of course Barley is already sound asleep, (after Hops gave her a major bath) that escape stuff is so exhausting!

Tell me about it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails