Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's a sign

Well, there are definite signs of spring now! A tinge of green in the grass and the moss around the base of the trees turning nice bright yellowish green.





Today I hung up birdhouses in the back yard. I got them from a local craft fair birdhouse maker. Nice cedar houses. Most have a larger hole for bluebirds and the like and one has a small hole for the wrens only. I got them on the trees and then about 10 minutes later went to take a picture for the blog. I was surprised to see that I already had tenants. While I stood in the yard I saw Chickadees go in and out of every one of the houses. They even fussed around by the wren house, but they are too big to fit in.

This morning I cracked open the sliding door to the deck about 4 inches. I turned my back and Barley was quickly up to her usual tricks. She had squeezed out and was between the door and the screen. Planning her escape no doubt!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails