Monday, April 13, 2009

Drive about

On Monday afternoon I had to go to the Post Office (yes I was mailing my taxes). From there I decided to have lunch by Rice Lake so got one of the yummy Chicago Dogs and watched the birds while I ate. Most of the ice is off the lake. Lots of birds and a couple of sets of Loons were calling back and forth. Get out your magnifying glasses, there is a loon is this picture.

Then I took the Red Sled for a drive exploring some areas new to me. I found the 9 hole golf course, Lynndale's. It's a short 9 hole course that has only been open since 2002. They have a Tuesday afternoon Ladie's League and I gave the club house my name so they will contact me when the have the first meeting scheduled. I can play 9 holes on Monday & Tuesday for $10 because I am a Senior! (Over 50)


From the golf course I drove along the Rice Lake shores and found 2 more parks. My last stop was at the Stein Street boat landing / park. There is a tall platform that was designed for Osprey nesting. I can't see any activity there yet, but will have to keep an eye out for any progress in nest building.
I have lots of exploring to do now that the weather is nice.
By the way, I'm still mad about the bears wrecking my bird feeders! But I am really happy because I finally have an offer on my Arvada house. Hopefully we have a signed contract before the end of the week.

1 comment:

sherri said...

Yeah! Did you do the message to the universe thing?

Even once?!

Just curious!

s

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails