Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Good morning

Some mornings are better than others.  Today, it feels cool and nice outside.  There is a little smoke in the air but the dew point has dropped so the comfort level is high.  Just wonderful.

Now that I have the bird feeders hung again, the birds are back.  One notable arrival is this young male Cardinal.  He has some work to do on his conehead before he will attract a mate, 
but he is young, it will fill in.



 The Chickadees are busy at the feeders.  It is nice to hear their buzzing sounds as they compete with their pals for the best seeds.

Subject change...

I had a nice surprise this morning.  A neighbor stopped by to give me the name and number of the company he uses to reseal his driveway.  I had stopped at his house when I saw him in his garage one day.  He had promised me he would find the info for me. My drive is about to need resurfacing and I want to be sure to take care of the asphalt before it gets too far along.  In the course of chatting with him about the driveway, he said that they like the political signs that I put up to support the democratic candidates.  I was stunned to hear that.  I really did not think there was another Democrat in my neighborhood.  Then we had a pleasant chat about some of our views on the current political situation in our county and state.  As he left (he said he was taking his dog to the chiropractic Vet in Menomonie) he said what a pleasure it was to talk to me.  

Well, I walked back in the house feeling like I was walking on air.

It is a good morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails