Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Done ✅

  Glenn and I met over at West Denmark again this morning. He arrived about half an hour before I got there and I was a 1/2 an hour early... So when he says 10 o'clock I guess he means 9 o'clock. 

Anyway, his work was done by the time I got there. He had stabilized the legs. Then the 2 of us got busy working on sanding it a bit and then we spray painted it brown.



It is a nice improvement to how it looked before we started and the bench should last for a number of years now that it is protected by a coat of paint and the legs are no longer sitting on the damp ground.
Aunt Johanne and 'cousin' Erling would be happy.  Dad would be happy too, he liked the idea of benches, and this is a nice spot to sit once again.
Before



I should also say that this spot was originally created by my Aunt Johanne and Judy's Dad, Erling Grumstrup; maybe as long as 15 years ago (or more). They had placed the marker. Over the years, Mother Nature had overgrown the flower bed and put some wear on the bench.  Judy brought it to my attention; she did the hard work of cleaning out the old plantings & adding some native honeysuckle. Glenn & I had the easier job of fixing up the bench.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails