Friday, August 27, 2021

Might need a step stool

The delivery guys showed up an hour early, when does that ever happen?  Luckily, I was ready for them and trying to watch a webinar about library trustee responsibility.  I missed the webinar, but was happy to get the delivery and pick up done.

 I thought about cutting the legs down on my bed before reassembling, but thought I'd wait and see how high the new mattress set is.  Now I'm pretty sure want to do that.  I'm deciding whether to do it this weekend with my handsaw or to wait and get some help later.  More to come on that.  I need some noodle time.


Yesterday I put my bird feeders back out after a hiatus in feeding recommended by the Audubon folks who were seeing some disease in songbirds that they did not want to spread via contact at feeders.  Just this week the all clear announcement was made.
Today I had a male cardinal, white breasted nuthatch, rose breasted nuthatch, downy woodpecker, goldfinch, chickadee, house sparrow, and a hummingbird did a flyby.  Also, the pesky squirrel was back.  I really did not realize how much I missed seeing my birds.

The plants are starting to look like they are about done.  Most everything is taking on their end of the season look.  I picked up some yellow mums at Aldi today to brighten up things.

The morning glory I planted in my hanging pot has finally bloomed.  It is quite a sight against the backdrop of the dead leaves.

It would have been Dad & Ev's 33rd wedding anniversary today.  
That was quite a day.
They had quite a life together.





Random...
Don't believe I was a majorette?  
Here is my proof, out of one of the old annuals that I looked at during our 50th class reunion.  Top left.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails