Saturday, August 7, 2021

Personal best

 Well,  I'm no Olympian athlete, but I did have a personal best score yesterday in the puzzle game.



I set the alarm for 5:30 a.m. this (Saturday) morning so I could watch Alicia Monson, from Amery, WI, run the women's 10,000 meter race in Tokyo. It was brutally hot there,  5 runners dropped out in the early laps of the 6.2 mile run.  I was very proud of Alicia as she finished.  She was 13th.  The medalists were the favored,  experienced runners, but finishing 13th out of 29 is not bad,  and 13th in the world is quite impressive. 
Amery is a small town,  it's where I was born,  they must be very proud of their Aicia this morning. 
I've watched a fair amount of the Olympic coverage.  Some crazy sports like canoe paddle and wall climbing are beyond challenging.  The old favorites of gymnastics did not disappoint.  I can't watch the sand volleyball. I'm put off by the skimpy under pants worn by the players.  Our local runner, Kenny Bednarski, won the Silver in the men's 200m race, that was probably the highlight. 
●●●●●
With regard to Covid, the Delta variant is active in this county.  I'm back to making up,  sanitizing my hands,  and keeping a distance.   513 days since Safer at Home began.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails