Monday, August 16, 2021

Catching up

Today was a beauty!  Summery but this evening was perfect on the deck.  Barley and I took advantage of some time with her in the cat cabana.  What drove us inside was when it got too cool!  

Barley is not learning how to be a lap cat, not at all.  She insists on laying on my neck & shoulder.  This photo shows her stretched across my shoulder & under my chin, with her head resting on the recliner.  What a silly girl.
 

School friend Jeri offered up some Moonbeam Coreopsis out of her flower bed.  I drove up to Shell Lake and dug up about 5 large clumps.  This guy was hanging out on a plant near by.  Looks like a Monarch.

On Saturday, I attended a memorial for Dad's good friend Erling.  After, I visited around Luck a bit and met SIL Lois's new kitten Mocha.  She is tiny and very sweet.
Mocha


Thursday, friend Mary came down to spend the night.  We visited the Country Lane Market in the afternoon.  This is a huge market with a few veggies but everything else under the sun.
Including a train ride.  Very clever.  At $2.50 a ride, this pays for itself in no time at all.



Earlier this summer, friend Carol offered up some plants out of her yard.  These are called Obedient plant (physostegia Virginiana) or false dragonhead.
It has a very pretty flower and spreads readily.



My hops are wounded this year.  It got too hot and dry & I did not get them watered.  There are cones, but they are small and have some brown spots.  I pledge to do better next year.

Yesterday I bought a new string trimmer.  I decided I wanted a gas trimmer to start cleaning up around here.  My battery powered trimmer just wasn't mean enough.
I got it put together and started it up this afternoon.  I did a little work in the back yard and can see it is just what I wanted.  Tomorrow the weeds will be under attack!

There, now I am caught up for a little bit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails