Thursday, August 26, 2021

The old one thing leads to another deal

I went to Slumberland to pay for a furniture purchase for our senior citizen group.  While I was there,  I decided to look at mattresses.  Found one I liked,  it is going to be delivered tomorrow. 

I wanted to deep clean the bedroom,  much overdue.  
I pulled the old mattress & box spring out to the garage.  



Then I started vacuuming.   In the process of moving the bed frame around,  I discovered that it came apart quite easily.  Once I moved it out,  it was much easier to get the carpet vacuumed good.  Then I decided to pull out the carpet cleaner and shampoo the carpet.
But, the old carpet cleaner would not squirt the water and detergent. It's old,  Laila gave it to me when I moved since she had 2.  I've used it a ton.   I tried some trouble shooting with the help of the YouTube. In the end, I ordered a new one from Farm & Fleet. Picked it up at the drive-thru & got to work.  It was a work out, but I'm pleased with the results.  Hopefully it dries overnight so I can put the bed back in tomorrow morning.  🤞
The new mattress set is coming at 1pm.
 

Before I got the new cleaner, I was thinking about calling the flooring folks about putting luxury vinyl in the master. But now, I think this carpet is good for a few more years.

Now that I'm about done with the bedroom, I'm thinking I can get after the sewing room. I have ideas for a major reorg in there.

One thing,  and then another.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails