Sunday, February 4, 2018

Rarity

eBird is a web based system of recording your bird watching checklists.  You can also search for sightings of a specific species or for an area to see what birds are present.  I don't use it as often as I could or should, but when I see a species that I know is uncommon in this area, I try to get it recorded.

The Tufted Titmouse is not normally found this far North but seems to be a bit of a regular here.
I usually note his presence in a journal, and often with in days of the previous year's sighting, I'll see him again.  This morning, the Tufted Titmouse hung around for quite a while.













I love this little bird.
A friend of mine is trying for 'A Big Year' something that bird watcher do.
She needs the TT.
I try to keep driving her crazy by posting photos on Facebook to remind her that I have him.
I think she likes it.

Anyway, check out eBird, maybe you'll find a rarity in your yard too.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails