Wednesday, February 7, 2018

In the mean time

The irresponsible and despicable behavior by the current President of the United States, and many of our elected officials, to me, is beyond appalling.  His lack of concern for humanity, his over load of self promotion, and his obvious motivation by money and all the spoils there of, cause me to have grave concerns for the future.
I don't usually say much on this blog about politics, my friends know me as a concerned and active liberal.  I believe that above all, first we are human and from there we should make our most important decisions and laws.  But the current administration is populated by decisions makers who worship the almighty buck and who pretend to be religious and caring, 
but in the end, money, pride and power are their life's blood.
The day cannot come soon enough that these wicked and dishonest people are removed from office.
In the meantime, there is basketball, a good book, Jeopardy & Wheel of Fortune, birthday cards, a sunny day, the song of a bird, the tracks of a rabbit in new snow, a fresh haircut, a phone call from a friend, the smile of a little boy or girl, the laugh of a girlfriend, the taste of fresh brewed coffee, clean clothes all put away in their places, warm toes, a lovely sunset leading to a beautiful moon, and the list goes on.  These things all keep me grounded in what I can appreciate and to some degree control.
I'll do my work in the voting booth, and I hope you will too,
but in the meantime there is basketball.

Great nephews Gage #2, Jack #5, & Payton and Levi
Long time friends and teammates on the Varsity together this year.

Last night, a double overtime effort by the Luck boys.  The 2nd overtime got away from them and it was a disappointing loss, but a thrilling game for all.
 In the meantime, there is basketball, 
the rest is just details.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails