Friday, December 16, 2016

Snow Day

Today is a well forecasted snow day.  
Many of the schools announced early closures for today last night and by noon, the basketball games for most schools were postponed due to weather.
I had canceled my plans to drive to Luck by Wednesday night 
as I believed that this storm would be significant.
Lots of people complain about how much stress the media and weather people put on hyping up a winter storm, but I would much rather they over promise and under deliver to keep folks safe and warm, off the roads and snuggled in at home.
I cleared the driveway using my plow shovel this morning, about 3-4 inches of new snow had fallen.
High bush cranberries make for a festive sight in the snow.

My Colorado Blue Spruce in the backyard is all decorated with snow flakes.

I'm enjoying a quiet day.
Tomorrow it will be time to work on writing a Christmas card story and addressing some cards.

*But for now, Snow Day*

------------
Saturday morning update.
They promised 6 to 8 inches of new snow and I believe it has arrived and it is still snowing.
The blue spruce in might white.
Beautiful, and I'm happy I don't have a single place I need to be today, except in the house.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails