Friday, April 24, 2015

A lull

It's that in-between time of year.  Too cold to do much outside, some of the plants are starting to show growth, a few new a bird varieties are appearing in the yard, but mostly, everything is on hold.
It's kind of how I feel too.  I don't have much ambition to tackle projects that need done around the house or in the yard, so I'm waiting.  

A few signs of the change over to warmer weather and real Springtime are noticed though.


The daffodils are in full bloom and seem to be thriving this year.


A white-throated sparrow has taken to scratching under the feeders 
and was seen checking out the brushpile, perhaps for housing.


The American Crows are everywhere, making lots of noise and probably working on nesting.


One of my favorite 'quiet' birds has been here off and on all winter, 
but is still a welcome sight at the feeder.  
The Mourning Dove's coo is a soothing sound.

The migration radar reports show clouds of birds heading our way, 
hummingbirds and orioles should be here soon.

Now, if I would just notice a little Spring motivation in me.
Maybe soon.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails