Thursday, February 5, 2015

Frankly

I love that line, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."  
And I really loved it when I finally read it last night at about 3:00 am marking the end of a reading adventure that I started in August right after my ankle surgery.  
I had never read Gone With the Wind and decided it would be a good book to start, knowing that I was going to be spending many hours sitting in a chair.  

What I couldn't know was that I would not have that much time on my hands as I was busy helping with Ev's Memorial and then with Dad's funeral.  So, my reading time was extended as there were several weeks that I just couldn't stay focused enough to read.  

But recently, I got busy reading again and last night I read the last words in the book; although the book uses "My dear, I don't give a damn."  

It was a good feeling to finish a read of this magnitude and I really enjoyed every minute of the book.  I have seen the film version several times, maybe even once a year, but the book takes a different path during most of the story and I enjoyed it very much.  
5 stars for sure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails