Sunday, March 30, 2014

A trip to the big city

 Most everything I need is right here in Rice Lake, but as I needed to make appointments for eye exam and a consult with a Dermatologist, I planned to make a day trip to Eau Claire.  It isn't very often that I get to Eau Claire to shop and I was looking forward to the day.

Thursday afternoon, a storm rolled in  and dumped some snow, it was pretty and the roads got slick right away, I was worried about my trip to Eau Claire.
March snow coating the maple trees

 Luckily, when I got up Friday morning, it was sunny and bright.
This red squirrel was busy plowing snow to get to the seeds below.
So, by the time I left my driveway, the roads were once again clear and dry, yay!
My first appointment wasn't until afternoon, 
and I was delighted to be able to meet nephew Andrew for lunch to start my day.
Captain Johansen and his aunt
I enjoyed visiting with Andy and catching up on the news about Alyxis and Michelle.  I'm always impressed with what good parents Andy and Michelle are.  Alyxis is a good student and an active girl, but of course, she is also becoming a teenagerJ.  

After lunch, I headed off to my appointments and shopping.  It's funny to think how often I shopped at Target when I lived in Arvada, it was my grocery store.  Until Friday, I probably had not been into a Target in over a year, so it made for a fun day.  I found some grocery items that I don't find here and of course, as is usual at Target, I filled the cart with items that I probably don't really need.  
Oh well.
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails