Monday, April 22, 2013

Wisconsin Syndrome

I saw a posting on the internet today calling this lack of spring slump we all feel as 'Wisconsin Syndrome'.   I'm sure for some, this lack of warm weather is quite debilitating, for me, it has been a good excuse to be very lazy.  Even writing a new post on this blog seemed like a bother.  What will I write about?  More snow and crappy weather?  Not very exciting.  
Then, all the sad events around the world were such a downer.  Watching the coverage in Boston was exhausting yet it was hard to turn away.  The explosion in West, Texas is unimaginable and heart breaking.  So, my daily mundane stuff hardly seemed like anything to write about.
One thing that continues to be a delight is the wildlife in my yard
This Yellow Rumped Warbler and some of his pals, have been hanging around my maple trees.
They seem to be after the sap that is running on the trunks and branches of the trees.
 I don't think this Yellow Rumped Warbler was enjoying the snow on Friday.

There have been a few Redpolls still here, 
they nibble on the fresh tender buds that are starting to form on the maple trees.




And finally, I did see my first Robin of this Spring...finally.  As you know, this means I have to go to DQ!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails