Thursday, April 4, 2013

Annie will be missed

This morning I received this email from nephew Kris.  I share in his sorrow.  Annie was a sweet dog with a gentle soul and one of few dogs that I can say I truly loved.  She will be missed by her family.
Wanda

We lost a good dog today.  She had been getting old over the past few months.  Last night she wouldn't eat and this afternoon the tail stopped wagging and the life was gone out of her eyes.  The sodium thiopental made her heart stop, but the fight was gone before we made the trip to the vet.  It is tough to lose someone you have spent 1/3 of your life with.  She was there through all of the moves, new homes and life changes, tolerated a new puppy in the home and welcomed a baby boy.  She was so adaptable.  Being the first, I don’t know how she will “rank” compared to other dogs I will have in my life.  I know she loved to hunt and I loved to hunt with her.  She had her quirks, but she lived life with zest.  She’ll be missed at home, and most of all in the fall, from bird camps to the deer camp.  I learned a lot about birds and the prairie from her and carry those memories forever.  Do her the honor and raise a glass in memory of Annie.  She was a great dog. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails