Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Adrenaline

Monday afternoon I headed over to Luck with a couple of things planned.  First was a meeting of the Luck Alumni Scholarship Association Foundation board at Sterling Bank.  The meeting went well and when we finished it had started to rain / snow.
Then I headed over to friend Bruce's house, to drop off a power washer I had picked up for him here in RL at Farm and Fleet.  He had made plans to feed me supper and we had a couple of glasses of wine and a good visit.
When I left for home, I was very surprised to find that the storm had progressed further than I expected.  I had a very long and white knuckled drive home in the blizzard conditions.  The only good things about the drive were that not many other motorists were out and I could easily see the deer standing in the ditches against the new white snow!
I arrived home safely but with a system chocked full of adrenaline from the drive. 
I took this picture off the back deck at about 12:30am
You can see I still have the Christmas lights going on my blue spruce.

 I tried to relax with a few glasses of wine and Young Frankenstein on the tube, 
but it was well after 3am before I finally fell asleep.
This morning, it was a beautiful sight out my bedroom window.
By this time last year, I was taking photographs of full blooming daffodils.
This morning I spent some time shoveling in the driveway to get the 'big melt' started.
 With the sun shining, this new snow is beautiful, but I am really read to see what is waiting underneath.
It is time to see tulips and daffodils.
Let's hope this really is the last big dump of this winter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails