Tuesday, April 9, 2013

More Music

On Sunday afternoon, I attended the performance of the Red Cedar Symphony at The UW Barron County Fine Arts Building with friends Pete & Carol.  It was amazing.  This is a very professional sounding group of musicians.  If I closed my eyes, I could have been in any large city hearing this quality of performance.  
Of course the choice of compositions was also enjoyable, since each was familiar to me.
During intermission, we strolled out to the lobby to enjoy a refreshment.
A Leinenkugel's Red Ale hit the spot.
As I strolled down the corridor, I was so excited to happen upon a grand piano.
I knew that this piano had been donated to the UW Barron Campus, but had not heard much about it since.
 As you can see, this piano has been well used. and perhaps a bit misused as well.
But this piano, comes from some solid roots.
Not long ago I happened on a PBS feature length documentary about the making of the Steinway piano from the blue print to the performance.
Note To Note is very worth watching, you can see a clip on the website. 
It inspired me to continue my piano lessons & to practice more, 
and has interested me in the future of this Steinway which resides in Rice Lake, WI.
There was a Steinway Restoration Project started with regard to this piano, and I plan on researching the status of that fund raising to see how I might help.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails