Saturday, January 19, 2013

The birthday that goes on and on

My friends, Pete and Carol, had invited me to come for dinner to celebrate my birthday, back in December. But with my trip to Iowa and then a cold and then Uncle Chris's passing, our plans got delayed.
So, this past weekend was our make up day.
On Friday afternoon, Carol and I had toured the new ER addition to the Mayo Hospital in Barron.  It was interesting and looks like a very well thought out addition to that small scale hospital.
Then we headed to Pete and Carol's for dinner.  We had a nice cocktail hour with snacks, played some Wii bowling and great conversation.  Pete is a chemical engineer and it took me back to some of my Coors days experiences.  
Carol made delicious lasagna for dinner and even had a small birthday cake with a candle.  Also, a gift of a sixer of Coors Banquet, the perfect gift for me.
Carol had suggested that I bring my overnight kit so there would be no worries about driving after a few drinks.  It was nice to be able to enjoy a few beers and glass of wine with no worry of travel.

Their delightful house on Prairie Lake is comfortable and Carol's decorating taste is evident throughout.  A lovely home.  
But the homeowner is the real star of this story.  
Meet Miss Foxy
Carol and Pete got Foxy from the Humane Society in Eau Claire.
She runs the house now, believe me.
Foxy is also very well dressed.  This is her coat for going for a walk.
Under her coat, she is sporting a lovely knit sweater as well.
This is a photo that Carol sent me of The Fox lounging at home.
Saturday morning, after coffee and lounging, Pete made wonderful omelets for us.
Carol and I visited and lounged until mid afternoon, when I finally headed for home.
It was a fabulous birthday, turns out being 60 isn't that bad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails