Monday, January 14, 2013

A Watch finds a home

My cable company gives their customers 'points' for paying their bill.  I paid no attention to this for the first few years I lived here, and recently noticed that I had accumulated a pretty high number of points (TV, internet, phone...it all mounts up doesn't it).  Periodically the cable company (Charter) offers redemption days during which you can redeem your points for items that have some connection to programming on Charter.  So, I have managed to get a free hand weight set, free step stool, and most recently, a youth Timex watch.  When I ordered the watch, I really didn't know what I would do with it, but figured it would be a good donation to Goodwill if nothing else.
When the watch arrived, I was impressed that it was a Timex, Indiglo watch, with an elastic camo band and the second hand is a helicopter.  It looked pretty cool.  I thought about the kids in the family who were little enough for this watch, yet old enough and decided it should go to Anders.  So, I sent it off, hoping that he was old enough and that his wrist was big enough and that his parents would not think it was a crazy thing for him to have.
Well, it worked out great.
Anders loves his watch.
His Mom, Lora, sent me a text on January 12th, that included this quote:
Anders "Mom, I'm never taking my watch off."
I hear he has been sleeping with it on too.
What fun to make a kid so happy with something that was free.  Gotta love it.
+++
Each month I get a payment from Kris and Lora for our Sandcastle cabin payment, this month there was a note enclosed.
Always nice to get a note from a great nephew.

As long as we are talking about Anders, I will share another picture that Lora sent me.
Anders had a chance to answer the question,
If I had one wish, I would wish for __________.
Then he was to draw a picture of that wish.
His wish is for a very interesting looking baby sister.
He's quite the Anders.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails