Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oh what a night


For the first time since I moved to Rice Lake 2 years ago, we had tornado warnings last night.  
Rice Lake blew the tornado sirens at least 5 times.  
It's good that I can hear them even though I am 2 miles from town, but it made me pretty nervous.  
I moved the laptop and a chair into the walk-in closet, no basement in this house, and waited out the storm.  
It was a non-event here, 1/2 inch of rain, no wind and some lightening...that was it.


This morning I took this photo of a lily in the backyard, she's a beauty, eh?

2 comments:

Leslie W. said...

Love your blog! Are you a fan of Rice County on Facebook? We would love it if you would post some of your pictures on the page from time to time, they're wonderful!

Leslie Watkins
Office Manager/Promotions Coordinator
Pilch & Barnet
222 State Street
Madison, WI 53703
608-242-8895

Wanda said...

Thanks. I'm not sure where Rice County is, but I am in Rice Lake in Barron County.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails